Why is there no talk of Tyrod Taylor??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Big Tyrod fan. Would be an interesting later round pick.

He is short, but so if Vick. He's not as fast as Vick and can't throw the deep ball as good. But he's more accurate than what Vick was coming out of college.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I think the problem with him is his height.

For some reason, I have never really seen him as a NFL QB. He is a exciting QB to watch that can make plays by buying tons of time.

His career will be just as good as Bryan Randall's :)

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

look up drafttek 7 round mock...i wouldnt be mad with that even though drafttek is a horrible mock draft site i wouldnt mind the one they have up currently

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Here is why he's not getting much love from Titan fans.

As an NFL draft prospect, Taylor is best described as a Wildcat QB prospect who has potential at other positions. That means no freaking way he can be our pick.
    Words like "wildcat" & "other positions" scares the bejesus out of me. Taylor has impressed me too Deuce, but he's not right for us. We're supposedly drafting one QB, signing another veteran QB, and hanging on to Rusty. No room for Tyrod Taylor in those plans.

I like Taylor, I mean he did set a variety of Hokies' records, including all-time marks for total offense, passing yards, rushing yards by a quarterback and career wins. That should count for something.

He's like a Brad Smith or Joshua Cribbs more than a Michael Vick. And to be a Michael Vick you MUST have 4.3 40 speed or you're getting caught.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I use to respect Drafttek, now I realize it's junk. Oh & The current Titans mock is horrible.

1. Cameron Jordan (Green, Quinn, Jones, Fairley, and Watt still on the board)
    2. Aaron Williams (Ponder, Heyward, Mark Ingram, Pouncey, Rahim Moore, and Mallett still on the board)
    3. Quan Sturdivant (Ponder, Austin, Hudson, Watkins, Ellis still on board)
    4. Ricky Stanzi (Ponder still on Board??)
    5. Jeremy Beal
    6. Davin Adams (WR)
    7. Martin Parker

1st round pick is all-right, 2nd round pick is horrible. We already have 3 good corners why do we need another? Quan is ok. Ricky is stupid if Ponder is still available. Beal is dropping of the boards fast. With there mock I'd rather see this:

1. Cameron Jordan
    2. Mark Ingram or Moore
    3. Marvin Austin
    4. Christian Ponder
    5. DeMarcus Love (OG)
    6. Lawrence Wilson (OLB)
    7. Jeron Johnson (SS)

This draft we still get a solid DE (who could play DT). Mark Ingram would be interesting with the Titans 2nd. Yes, we don't need a RB... but CJ + Ingram would be a dynamic duo and could take the load of CJ. Moore would also be nice to replace Hope. Marvin Austin is an A+ 3rd, Ponder is an A+++ 4th.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anyone saying he can't be Vick doesn't remember Vick or hasn't seen Taylor.

He's better than Vick was as a passer, on intermediate AND deep balls. He's taller. And he's just as effective as a runner.

And of course Kaepernick is in the discussion because he can throw far. The guy can't even handle snaps.... yet he's in the talks of being a 1st-2nd rounder because he can throw far. I know hillbillys the next county over that can throw a football 80 yards. They couldn't ever play QB though.

And he's projected as a 4th-5th round pick. Anyone that says he's not worth taking there is out of their mind. You're not going to get a better prospect in the 4th round than Taylor.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Too much like Troy Smith. Decent college QB with no hope of being anything in the NFL. He won't get picked before the 6th round. SMith was actually a better prospect and he went in the 5th round.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Troy Smith is shorter and simply wasn't as good as Tyrod is.

Though he did look decent for the 9ers this year in the chances he got.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Huh?

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Troy Smith impressed me when he played this year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar