Why is there no talk of Tyrod Taylor??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A lot of people think Aaron Williams will be moving to S in the NFL so if you think he replaces Hope, then is he like getting Moore at the same spot?

I don't think the titans could pass on Mallet in round 2 unless they have absolutely no faith in him. Even if they didn't, I don't think they would allow themselves to not take the chance. He's got special ability and you mitigate the risk in rnd 2. He could very well end up the best QB in the draft...so would you NOT take him in rnd 2?

I don't think Mallet falls out of rnd 1 nor Locker. I think someone will jump into the end of rnd 1 to grab one of those guys...perhaps both.

A lot of people view Ponder as a good NFL backup so I don't think he goes in rnd 1 (and quite possibly not before the 3rd or later rounds).

Gut

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe I should have said 'not as talented'... though that trophy means jack sh** to me. Cam Newton won it this year.

Troy Smith only won due to the team he was on. His stats aren't much better than Taylors, and Taylor didn't have anyone near as good as Santonio Holmes or Anthony Gonzales to throw to.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Duece seems to base his entire thesis on this idea that Taylor is taller than Vick so just as good. At the combine Taylor was a shade over 6 foot.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72049&draftyear=2011&genpos=QB

Scouts thought Vick a dominant athlete to be the top pick in the whole draft but Taylor isn't even top ten among QBs in this class. Obviously they see something different.

To say that Taylor is a better passer is silly.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Absolutely agree...

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Didn't know about the possible Aaron Williams position change, thanks for the headsup.

As for Mallett, I would not pass on him in Rd2, I would love to have Mallett and think he'll be the best QB in this draft. I see him as a Phillip Rivers type player (hopefully). I think we'll be able to land him at our second without trading. Now if teams start to draft QBs like crazy (which seems like ppl think thaty'll happen now) then we should try to trade back up for him. But I firmly believe he'll be available at our 2nd. Most "experts" have him as a 2nd/3rd round draft grade.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The ONLY way I see us taking Tyrod Taylor is if Vince Young comes back. Taylor may not even be a QB in the NFL. He's being talked about like a Brad Smith in New York. Smith has only posted 64 catches, and 2 TD's in 5 years. He does however have a total of 8TD's if you include rushing, and returns. That production isn't worth a 4th pick IMO, especially when you can get a great WR prospect with that same pick. Why take the guy who may eventually become an okay at best WR? I'd prefer we use it on DE/OLB Dontay Moch or a true WR like Austin Pettis or Cecil Shorts III.

Taylor lost to James Madison for crying out load. Don't misinterpret this for hate, because I do like Taylor, he won 11 games straight this year. He's a fine college QB, but when real scouts are calling you a "wildcat" QB, I shy away from that. We aren't in a position to get the most out of Taylor, he's best suited to go somewhere he could take his time.

7. Deuce Wayne

Yes, because all of what I posted... I only said "hey, he's taller than Vick!"

Do you even read?

The ONLY knock on Tyrod is his height- THAT's why I mention his size compared to others.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So what is he is one inch taller than Vick. What does that prove? That he is only 3 inches too short?

9. Deuce Wayne

No. It proves that if guys taller than him aren't too short... that he isn't too short.

Logic.

See what I did there?

10. 24

24 Starter

You mean guys shorter than him. See what I did there? I corrected your logic.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar