Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Why wasn't David DeCastro fined?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 11, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,408
    As all Titan and Steelers fans know, David DeCastro ended teammate Maurkice Pouncey's season Sunday afternoon when he inadvertently took out Pouncey's right knee trying to block a Titans defender. But what you may not know is DeCastro used an illegal chop block to do it.

The NFL claims theyre trying to make the league a safer place by banning this move which cost Lions DT Ndamukong Suh $100k.

[IMG]

Obviously Suh's reputation is what cost him so much, but Suh is a defender not an offensive lineman, he doesn't know how to properly block. $100k for making a bad block is a bit excessive, but Suh will apeal and likely have it reduced.

Back to David DeCastro. DeCastro's aiming point was obviously not fellow lineman Pouncey, but instead Titans DT Sammie Hill.
    [IMG]

If Suh gets fined and DeCastro doesn't, it means either the league doesn't watch all 32 teams play, or they have it out for Suh. Either way, I want DeCastro fined!
    BiscoPhan11, ncaalover12, GoT and 6 others high five this.
  2. Na$hville Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $1,753
    Probably because it was on his own teammate.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,912
    Said the same thing in the game thread. He was attempting an illegal high/low block. Not Sammie Hill's fault that he totally missed.
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,408
    DeCastro was really hoping Hills momentum would carry him forwards another 2 feet, but nope.

This guy needs to be fined because unlike Suh, he knew what he was doing.
    Big TT high fives this.
  5. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,809
    random question, back when david was drafted, wasn't he pretty high on our boards, like one of the guys we were discussing as a potential pick?
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,408
    yup
  7. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,809
    look at that.. and they say pot makes ur brain rot... 1 Point to smokers... lol
  8. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,408
    Because you remembered Titan fans wanting a player from 2 years ago? LOL
  9. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,809
    hey man, don't discount my accomplishments....
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  10. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,809
    holy crap i was in college two years ago.... man that feels like a lifetime ago. im not that big of a smoker anymore, it was meant more of a joke than anything