Will Fisher get Fired Monday?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

9 pro bowlers.

0-6 to start the season.

Any good coach would have never been in that position. Sorry, personnel isn't going to bail Fisher out every year like his apologists think it will.

According to those that stick up for Fisher, we've just never had the talent.

We're the first team with a 2,000 yard back to miss the playoffs. How's that for "doing the best with what he's got?". Apparently not.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And that's why he has won more then he has lost, because he doesn't learn.

3. Deuce Wayne

yeah!!!

Hooray for keeping his head above water!!

Success!!!

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think JF will still be here next year, and I am still on the fence on whether I want him back or not. I feel like given the right circumstances he could take us back to the superbowl, but I also feel like he screwed this years team up long before the season began.

JF's 1st mistake was not making a move for a better DC (cough Gregg Williams cough). Lets face it, our D sucked this year and I cant blame it all on losing haynesworth.

Also letting Chris Carr walk was a HUGE mistake. Letting him go killed our return game which killed us on field position, and when you play conservative like the Titans do field pos. can be the difference in the game, and that was the case in many of our games in 2008. Jeff knew we didnt have a good return man going into the season and never tried to fix it. It took nearly half the season to find some guys that would at least catch the ball, and that is something that should have been figured out during preseason.

We also had no DB depth going into the season and everyone knew if 1 DB got injured we would be screwed, yet again Jeff did absolutely nothing to fix this during the off/preseason. Letting Chis Carr go also hurt us here.

The way Jeff conducted training camp this year also concerned me before the season even started. We had the oppurtunity to open up training camp a week early this year because of the HoF game, and Jeff did not take advantage of that. That is valuable practice for all of the young guys that we just wasted. Jeff also did not have all of the 2-a-days that they normally do. Again, more missed practice time for no reason.

I really feel like Jeff thought this team was unstoppable going into the season, and that bit him in the . But I also think he probably learned his lesson, and I dont want a coaching change if it will affect VY's play, or the rhythm of VY and CJ together. I say fire Chuck Cecil give jeff another year and see what happens after that.

5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

no.

and the only thing that should be saying yes to this is a magic 8-ball, and that's only part of the time

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ahh typical. No response. Turn to being flippant.

As usual, not a clue.

7. Deuce Wayne

... That was the suitable answer. You just praised the guy for barely having a winning record.

Yay!! Right?

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

1. Ridiculously mishandling the VY/KFC situation
    2. Going into the season completely unprepared in the return game
    3. Chuck Cecil
    4. The "I just wanted to feel like a winner" thing WAS disrespectful to the team, the fans, the organization as a whole. And the timing of it couldn't had been any worse. A coach simply shouldn't do something like that. I still can't believe people were defending on that.
    5. 0 playoff wins in the last 6 years
    6. 15 years coaching with only 1 SB appearance and 0 rings

I could go on but that's more than enough reasons for me to want a change.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I don't believe the Jets coach will have to many 40 point leads and My guess is he's back to coordinating in 3-5 years. You act like Fisher gets a one score lead and starts taking knees in the 3rd Quarter. Do you honestly think he wouldn't have a different mindset if Peyton Manning was the Titans QB?

Fisher's best players have always played on defense or RB, TE. He's never had a prolific QB or WR and who knows, maybe he had plans to change that when McNair left but the owner made that decision for him.

10. Deuce Wayne

7. Not utilizing Lendale White once he actually showed the dedication to get in better shape and change after the painful loss vs Baltimore.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar