Will Vince Young throw at the combine.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanduck77, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Bush, Leinart, and Young would be crazy to do anything more than check in and do a few interviews at the combine. Three to be exact.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

That list is beyond ridiculous.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

If my son was considered to be a top 3 or so pick, I wouldn't have him do any kind of big workout at the combine. It can only hurt you more than anything when you are a high draft pick. Cutler needs to because he is still trying to move up the chart, but just because he does workout doesn't make him "the best" QB out there. Cutler at #3 would be stupid.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

won't the rookie QB have to do that his 1st yr as Pro? Most QB's can look good if they only throw to WR's they have played with all yr. Show me what you got when you have to throw to players you haven't seen before.

These QB's go to the Senior Bowls, East/West games in hope of show casing their talent and they are doing it with players from other teams.

What a copout :sad2:

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

They should make it mandatory to attend all drills if you elect to go to the combine.

As a scout I would definetly look negatively upon anyone who chooses not to work out, compared to someone who's willing to give it his best, but maybe is a little dissapointing. To me there's more to a player than just skill; work ethics, heart and desire are big factors in my book. Oh and proving you're not just in it for the money would help too.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Young got ripped by some in the national media for competing in that contest thing before the Super Bowl.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ewker...

This isn't about impressing the fans, this is about making the cash. If a QB goes to the combine and doesn't throw well for what ever reason, including not having repore with the WR, he loses money. Period. That is what it is all about. You want to put yourself in the best possible situation if you are a top 3-4 pick because you only have down to go. Leinhart or Young are both top 3 picks right now...why do they have to go "showcase their talent" at the East/West shrine bowl? A QB like Cutler, Whitehurst, Croyle show up because they have alot of room to move up. It is called being smart.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so he drops from the #3 pick to the # 10 pick because he can't connect with a WR...wow I think I could live off the money a #10 pick gets.

you have to prove yourself to the scouts and coaches also. They want to see what all the QB's can do under the same situations

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Jeff...

Absolutely...and his agent was a fool for letting him play in that thing even if it didn't hurt him. All it ended up doing was showing how athletically gifted he is.

I do find it funny how the Kipers of the world raked Young for participating in that because of the big risk of hurting his draft status, but yet dog on him for perhaps not throwing at the combine.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Most of them have nothing to lose (as in $$$). The guys at the top do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar