Will Vince Young throw at the combine.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanduck77, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ewker...

The difference btwn the #3 pick and the #10 pick is only a few million. Would you be willing to risk millions? And what makes you think the coaches and scouts won't be able to see what they can do? They all hold private workouts and their school's Pro Day.

The one guarantee is if you fall from #3 to #10 that is millions of dollars you will never get back.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

dang it, I saw an article where Fisher talked about Young and Leinart not coming to the combine. He wanted them to compete like the rest of the QB's will and not at their Pro day

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

wow, I have to live off $5 million instead of $10 million..where will I go, what will I do, how will I ever survive..save the oh whoa is me sob story for someone else :brow:

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

All the coaches want them to show up to the combine, but for a top 3-4 pick, who only has "down" to go, it is a big risk. Young and Leinhart will be there, they just won't go thru all the drills.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

"they just won't go thru all the drills."

but they should..no ifs, ands or buts..they need to be on the same level as everyone else.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they've proven the things they need to prove on the field. they dont need to run around in shorts for people to have an idea of their abilities.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

ESPN the ocho reporting he will not go. And neither would I. Like they said, that whole rose bowl thing is all anyone will ever remember. Try to get that image out of your head. The game vaulted him to the top.

Basically, Houston isn't going to draft him because of the combine. If they draft him, it's going to be because of the mystique he left everybody with in the rose bowl. Cause honestly, they don't need him. If they draft him, it will be because the mystique was too big and because the fans want him there, and not because of a technical skill he demonstrates in a combine. He's holding the perfect card right now. He's a legend down there, everywhere, and that goes a lot further in Texas than anywhere else in the country. Football is god down there.

8. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I agree with what your saying, but myself and a couple of other posters have been high on him since last year. I even made the coment that Cutler's hype would sky-rocket come the Senior-Bowl. Right now every opinion, analysis... ect is based off potential. Any player has the potential to become a legit bust, I agree... I personally want great passer, not a great athlete at the Quarterback position. I also like that certain Farve nack quality Cutler has about him.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Cutler's hype was bigger before the Senior Bowl. He didn't light it up at the senior bowl. Right now he is the "sexy" pick...everyone talks how he put the Commodores on his shoulders with bad players to glory. 5 wins. Before that, maybe 4-5 wins in 3 years. Cutler is a good QB and a sure fire first round pick, but while Vandy did play well against the worst UT team in like 20 years, they also lost multiple games against teams with LESSOR talent than Vandy.

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

I know this off the subject, but HOW'S ABOUT THEM MEN VOLS BASKETBALL

YEAH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar