With pick #2 of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Happy with the Titans drafting Mariota?

Poll closed May 7, 2015.
  1. Yes.

57.9%
  2. No.

17.2%
  3. Undecided but hoping for the best.

24.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I never said at any point that the dude can't or won't get injured...But I am certainly not being negative expecting it or lobbying for it. Bottom line, the kid is the best prospect we have taken in years, and hopefully he pans out...but I am not going to be the douche on here blasting him and just expecting him to get hurt. He isn't Locker or Mett...His College play showed that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im honestly surprised Mariota hasn't had any major injuries, the way he was used at Oregon was stupid, they called dozens and dozens of option plays that netted very little yardage and got Mariota crushed. He appears well built for football.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No s***.

I mean, I'm fine with people being disappointed with the pick and I'm fine with them expressing that disappointment. But at some point you just need to get on board and hope for the best. I wasn't thrilled with the Lewan pick last year. I b****ed for the rest of the day and then I got over it. And whaddaya know it ended up being a pretty damn good pick.

I think we are all well aware by now who is and is not a believer in Marcus Mariota. Now let's all just hope for the best and see what happens. There will be plenty of time to say "I told ya so" if he does indeed fail.

I for one am excited and hopeful. Over the past several years it's been a rare occasion for this fanbase to actually have something to be legitimately excited about it. So I'm gonna do my best to enjoy it rather than piss all over it.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Anyone get the sports illustrated with Marcus on the cover? Just happened to be at the airport today and saw it in the rack.

Nothing earth shattering but cool we got a Titan on the cover!

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I might pick up a copy just to have it. Got that 15th year Titans paper the Tennessean put out just to have it....

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Exactly...That's all I am saying. Opinions are fine, it's whatever....but what's done is done. It can't be fixed, so are you going to be a Titans fan and try to be positive, or just crap all over them and Bi#$@ and moan all day. Look at the bright side...CBJ shouldn't be playing and Mett has healthy competition now. The most important position on the field has been handled...How can you be angry about that. At least there is hope.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

cam newton is ten times the man mm is.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

When is rookie mini-camp? Doesn't it start this week sometime? I'm ready to see MM in action in a Titans uniform.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I think a big part of being a successful QB is taking hits well. Look at most of the successful QBs and they rarely seem to take a big hit.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I'm all for giving mm his shot...I mean it ain't up to me and he's gonna get it anyway...I just absolutely believe anyone who thinks he'll be an upgrade at the #1 job of a qb...passing the ball...is in for a big surprise. Maybe hell pass mett in passing skills eventually...but I for see the next year or so it won't be close. Maybe mariotas athletic ability makes up for it...maybe not..but we did downgrade at the passing ability at qb. Maybe mett is injury prone...maybe not...he's only realty had two injuries and if there would been more games last year mett would a came back and played.

But this is mm year and I honestly hope he does very well. Doesn't mean I gotta he all sunshine and rainbows bout it

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar