With the 33rd Pick of the 2016 Draft: Clemson DE Kevin Dodd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The other thing I keep hearing is that he doesn't have anything but a bull rush and I can't imagine him not being coached with other techniques. So he's either not getting it or the foot doesn't allow him the ability to do anything else well.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

When you say he will be just as good...clearly that's what you mean. I took your next sentence to imply he might not ONLY be as good, but better. If you meant that sentence to imply he would be worse, why did the sentence before say he would be just as good? And then you say he will be - at the very worst - a guy with several pro bowls. Hardly praise indicating you think he will fail.

So we can stop arguing semantics...you claim he will be just as good as Rodgers and Big Ben with no worse than several Pro Bowls. Now let's see you put your pride where your mouth is...

Do you still believe that?

McCarthy's QB school is garbage? Tell that to Aaron Rodgers who credits it with turning him into the QB he is today. Let's see...listen to you or Aaron Rodgers? Not a tough choice. You show time and time again what you do and do NOT know.

Do you think a good school turns all of it's students into straight A students?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I meant that he wouldn't be as good. He hasn't got the arm of those two, but he has everything else.

And I realize what Rodgers said, but that's what the good guys do. Mariota will do the same thing once he gets to the elite level. Take all the blame and none of the credit.

Many things Rodgers does go directly against what McCarthy coaches his QBs. He actually had a buzzer that would go off at 2.5 seconds so he would get the ball out in time at practice, whereas we know one of Rodgers' best attributes is to improvise, make plays with his legs, make any throw at any angle imaginable, etc. Not just execute some bland West Coast offense which McCarthy had originally designed.

And for Rodgers' claim to have any validity, it would mean that McCarthy should be popping those guys out left and right. Which he hasn't. He's hardly even produced an average backup.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hey, here's a post I somewhat agree with!

I would agree to disagree on the McCarthy thing. I think that camp really turned a lot of things around for him (made him a lot better that he was) but you are right in that he has gone beyond that...which the top QB's do. Not enough high caliber players in his school to turn into the next Aaron Rodgers!

And yes, Mariota already takes as much blame as he can even when he KNOWs it wasn't his fault.

For me, Browning isn't there yet. We have seen many qb's with great intangibles never make it in this league which is why scouts do still take a lot of time to measure physical traits too. I'm not a fan of him like you are. I see some of the things you mentioned in flashes here and there...but we will see how he plays this year with no Ross to throw to and them not sneaking up on anyone. I think the Bama game was telling in that they were the first team that didn't have to make the choice between 8 men in the box to stop the run vs leaving Ross 1v1. Bama is good enough to leave 2 S's deep and still control the run game with the front 7 and get a lot of pressure on Browning with just 4 rushers. Let's see how he does this year!

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

More moves than Dudd.

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That's similar to how Josh Doctson and Taylor Decker are getting around right now, the two guys who you wanted to take in the first round.

7. Fry

Taylor Decker is using crutches for his shoulder injury?

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Surprise.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

its the year 2056, Football is now 2 hand touch with nerf footballs. The Titans have won 2 superbowls since but the Kevin Dodd thread is now on page 864.

9. Fry

And he still isn't good.

10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I'd rather bring back the ghost of Jacob Ford than see Dodd play patty cake with 3rd stringers and dudes now selling cars or working at the family business.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar