WR position...pay Britt or someone else???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Throwing money at a 10 mil/year guy means we have little to spend on upgrading other (more important) positions.
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I'm not sold on Bowe, but... I also have a close friend who's a big Chiefs fan and is down on him. So I guess it just rubbed off on me. The fact that he's had decent #s with terrible QB play is impressive.
  3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Stedman Bailey :D
  4. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

WR is a HUGE need regardless of anyone else can spin it. It has to be addressed. Not saying a #1 pick but make a big push on one of the many top tier free agent WR's. Britt is a bonehead, Wright is a change of pace #2 and everyone else is depth. Locker needs help in his progression - top tier WR has to be addressed in the off season. I am thinking FA not a draft pick. But that would mean Titans would need to break the bank ... hahaha:popcorn:
  5. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

Naw I agree. I hear the same thing. A credible source (cannot remember who, I will have to look it up) has said Bowe is one of the more "over-rated" WR's in the game. He makes a good "fantasy receiver" and a "medicore real WR".

Not to mention, he won't be on the cheap. He will get paid and BIG. Titans will pass anyways once Bud starts to see other teams over-bidding one another. He will sit back and wait for Buffalo to cut one of their practice-squad jobbers who has quote on quote "POTENTIAL."