You made me do it. Marcell Dareus... why?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

In English... He's clearly overhyped and you can't back it up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Stats don't show how disruptive he is or how well he can collapse a pocket. As a UT fan I saw what he could do as far as getting push up the middle and getting pressure. His stats might not show it, but I'm pretty sure he missed 2 games this past year and played injured most of the time.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think he has a chance to be a decent player but don't see him as the impact player that deserves a top 10 pick.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Duece just convinced me that Dareus needs to be our top pick! Eric agrees with him all the more reason to take him!

Only had 1 tackle in each of his first 2 games played against Duke And Arkansas because of the injury. Missed the first 2 games and could have missed those 2 games in all honesty.

Was double teamed on almost every play this year but still was an impact player.

Duece doesn't understand what a 3-4 D-line does or even what the scheme is. Vince Wilfork only had 2 sacks for the Patriots and is one of the most valuable D-linemen in the league. Duece would say he is a fat guy who doesn't do anything.

Clueless.

I think Watt is the better pick at 8 than any other D-lineman who might be there but Mike Mayock rates him above Fairley which says a lot.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Alright Duece, give us your big board --- top 30 or whatever. I'd honestly like to see it.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You already know it's all prospects from the WACK 10, I mean Big 10..

If Dareus was in the WACK 10, I mean Big 10, Duece would think he was God's gift.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

What does conference have to do with it? Did you miss me saying he's not in Fairley's league? I guess Auburn plays in the Big 10 now.

So... basically no one can explain it. I've heard "Warren Sapp said he's great (after Fairley said Sapp was his idol, mind you... that's love-tap for love-tap and nothing more)"... and "Stats don't tell the whole story."... and "He's a great player".

You might as well say "ESPN says he's great. So he must be!".

WATCH the tape. The guy walks around far too often and is downright ineffective in many games.

And RollTide your constant "Hey this guy doesn't like him so let's draft him!" comments are about as cheap and misguided as they come.
    And I know why you like him. He played for Alabammy.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I am not all that impressed with Dareus, but Rolltide said it perfectly when he talked about scheme. A 3-4 DL doesn't get hype, they get backdoored while all their LBs are made to look like studs. If we're going after a 3-4 type DL, I'd rather wait and take a guy like Paea/Austin who can collapse a pocket just as well as Dareus as well as eat up blockers without spending the #8 pick on a non-impact player. Use #8 on IMPACT!! Julio/Prince/Ingram whatever, just as long as they're impact players as opposed to eat-up Dlineman. Just my thoughts, and I'm usually ok with the safe pick, but with the depth of boring DLs, we can afford to wait.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Everyone knows Nick Saban's 3-4 defense isn't about linemen racking up big stats. But he does look "stuck" out there at times. I'd rather us use our 8th pick on a QB, then use the 40th pick on either Stephen Paea or Marvin Austin.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It is pretty well documented why people think he is good...

He is very athletic for his size, he can play multiple positions on the d-line, he easily sheds one on one blockers, he moves well laterally and as a result plays the run well, he is pretty football smart, and he consistently created pocket pressure.

If opposing coaches fear you and gameplan against you, and scouts, analysts, and former players think you are good --- you are probably decent. That doesn't mean he will be an NFL star, but anybody with any football sense can see why people like this guy as a player and think he has a chance to be very good in the pros.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar