You made me do it. Marcell Dareus... why?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Alot of people have Dareus rated as the #1 DT prospect, that is surprising. I think he'll be a solid 3-4 DE, but I see him as a mid 1st (10-15 range). But with 7 out of 10 teams in the Top 10 run a 3-4, he'll def go Top 10.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like guys like Nevis and Clayborn WAY more than Dareus and I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't.

3. TNforever

TNforever Practice Squad

Yes, he did have a good day at the combine.
    But....if he got his reputation from these 2 plays thats not really saying much. Alabama had a top ranked defense, put Fairley or any of the other top ranked DT's in this draft, and I bet they make more plays, tackles, sacks, etc.

4. Tull

Tull Starter

"He's big and ties up inside running lanes, allowing others to rack up tackles. That's really ALL he's done "
    The NFL pays a lot of money for players to do just this!

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I realize that, but for the money he'll be getting, I need more from him to warrant that kind of money from my favorite team.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Most people don't have their brains in their arses. Dareus out weighs Nevis by 30 lbs and Clayborn was a non impact player at Iowa last year. A DE with only 3.5 sacks and 7 TKL? Are you kidding?

Poor analysis as usual. No excuse me no analysis.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not an endorsement for the 3-4 then is it? The value oif Dareus as a prospect is that he can play 3-4 end, 3-4 NT and 4-3 DT. He can play anywhere you need a big guy who can move well. Everybody would like to have a guy like that.

8. 24

24 Starter

Then it's even worse. You have no idea what you're looking at.

Nevis is as undersized as they get for DT. That's what you want? And, Clayborn was diagnosed with Erb's Palsy, his right arm is undersized.

9. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc_tFjmih7k

What about this?

Dareus is a beast. He played the entire season on a high ankle sprain. During the National Championship season, he recorded 6 sacks as a back-up 3-4 end.

Idk if you guys know this but the job of a 3-4 end isn't typically to get sacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar