Young Closes OTAs With Good Session

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Vince Young ended today's final OTA session on a high note. "Today really tells the whole story — his eyes downfield, picking up the deep receiver, his accuracy in the plus territory," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "His footwork today was excellent and only missed a couple of throws. He was very accurate in the one-on-ones and placed the ball where it needed to be placed." Reports earlier in the week was that Young had thrown a number of INTs. Like last year, Young has invited the WRs to Houston to continue work. So far, Justin Gage and Biren Ealy have accepted. Other are checking their schedules after the late invitation.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

They are still maintaining that RW will be ready for training camps. Hope they are right. If he is not ready, he will get PUPed without a doubt. Also, Ealy keeps doing things to try and crack the lineup. Hopefully, he can be a big contributor this season. If RW gets PUPed, he could possibly even start a few games.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it's a damn shame he went to school and isn't committed!

:grrhee:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, just horrible.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I love when there's positive talk about vince you don't hear from any of the haters. But once there's one criticism of him they'll be on here saying how he has no work ethic and is not a leader.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, we did hear this same sort of stuff last off-season. It's not a great thing when a good practice is something you make the news for.

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

There we go this is what I like to see. At least you still don't give him credit when he's showing improvement and leadership. I remember a bunch of you guys were talking about how he wasn't bringing the receivers in like he did last year because he was to busy with school.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Shirts optional...

9. reo

reo Starter

I actually tracked it back the other day and he's had more than just 1 good practice. he's actually only had 1 bad practice. he threw 0 picks yesterday, 4 the camp before, maybe 1 the camp before that, 0 before that, 0 before that and 1 before that. Out of at least 6 camps, he only had 1 bad one. I didn't track it back any further.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm thinking if he was looking good in these 1/4 speed practices, a "good closing" wouldn't be news-worthy. It indicates that he's been struggling. Might not be the case, and I could be reading too much in to it. But if we read "lendale closes OTAs strong", we'd think 'hey, about time you did something'.

I didn't care that he went back to school. Heck, all the work he did last off-season didn't help him one bit anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar