Young: I'm supporting Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

So you didn't actually watch the interview......hmmmmm nice.:rolleyes:

p.s. didn't say you said anything about him being a black quarterback.....just merely stating an example if he was actually trying to use the race card....which he wasn't.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's a lot of exposure to the risk of injury. 40 rushing yards a game is a lot to ask year in and year out. Vince isn't going to get any faster or become a better runner. He could become a more dynamic passer though and that is the only way he's going to show measurable improvement.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

While your at it, post the transcript of the "Can't Nobody tell me nothing" so that we can all once again see that quote in context, and once again note how it applied to making the playoffs. Which by the way, we did.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yep, that ends that debate. Even Young thinks Collins should be the starter. :lol:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I wonder what Vince would make of Tropic Thunder?:ha:

[​IMG]

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hey why don't you try?

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I didn't say you said I said anything, just simply pointing out that Vince made no reference whatsoever to being a black quarterback, and it would be/is a poor argument.

Whether you watched the interview or read the transcript has no bearing on what he said. It's not like I read the transcript and he changed his mind about supporting Collins. The video simply makes his propensity for stumbling over words easier to stomach as he's blurting everything out. Considering the contents, I was, however, surprised at how calm he was.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Well, I could dig up that ancient transcript of an interview that once made my colon convulse, but you know, stabbing yourself in the eye with a needle is also torture. Why don't we just do that???

9. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

I agree with your statement, it only detracts, because people outside of the black community will over think the statement, and gather that he has a chip on his shoulder.

I personally think it was nothing, he was just comfortable and honest with the reporter, and the statement came out.

Remember gentlemen, we are not that far removed from blacks fighting for equal rights as whites in America (I'm 33 and I heard horror stories growing up from my mother and grandmother, they experienced first hand), and while race relations have become a lot better in the past few decades, their are still a lot of emotional scars from the past. I can recall my grandparents, and family members giving me pep talks as a child because of what they experienced, saying things like "don't let anyone despise you because your black", "you are black and beautiful", "you are going to be a Strong Black Man" -- So it stuck with me and when times of adversity hit, me when I was younger... I could recall those words, and would even speak them aloud to myself and others around me.

It was a coping mechanism. Now I can't speak to the intent of what Vince meant by what he said, but I will speculate it probably came out like that because of similar experiences, in the lives of those who influenced who he is, speaking such things into his life. It's not about a RACE card, and about a Black Power movement.

I hope this came across correctly, lest I write a novel on the reason so many people speak in such a tone, I will end this post now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Actually the difference between a video and transcript is almost night and day. You can not understand the emotion and emphasis put on certain statements and words and body language by merely reading the transcript....you have to actually see and hear to truely grasp it.

My bad on the typo about you saying something about him being a black quarterback....I meant to put "he" and I brought the whole "black" quarterback issue as an example IF he was trying the race card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar