Young v. McNair

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titansrule, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Physically, they are quite similar (though Young is significantly bigger). The real question is going to be who is the better passer. Neither played in a pro-style offense. McNair was in a wide-open run-and-shoot. Texas uses a lot of option and designed QB runs.

At least statistically, Young looks like a good passer. He did lead the nation in passing efficiency. That said, I have questions. His delivery is unusual, but that doesn't really bother me so long as the ball gets there. Since I don't watch Texas football, I don't know how good his accuracy is deep. And I don't know if he can read defenses or not.

That's for the scouts to decide, I suppose, because physically all the tools are there...

2. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

vince has a knack for reading defenses and knowing what they are gonna do before the play starts, thats why he is so quick to improvise. i have watched him very intensely since his sophmore year, and he is very accurate with the deep ball, amazing at throwing into coverage. THIS GUY IS A FREAK, I AM TELLING YOU!

3. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

He reminds me of Randall Cunningham, the long thin legs and strange throwing motion - dangerous player...

[​IMG]

4. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

iam gonna get the chants going ! WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE, WE WANT VINCE WE WANT VINCE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAA BABY!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Young vs mcnair...

Interesting. I guess young would have to be tabbed the better runner which is saying a lot, a real lot! Mcnair obviously the better passer coming out. With young being a big city kid from houston who played at a major program you have to think he might not need as much time as mcnair to become a starter. Mcnair had to make the adjustment coming from a small town division 2 black school.

Young is amazing at knowing when to run. He has a great feel for the defense and picks his spots really well. It's not like he takes off and just hopes his ability will get him yardage. He also seems to know his limitations not forcing the ball into coverage.

I think young is a similar prospect coming out of college and is worthy of that third pick just as mcnair was in 95.

Nice comparison to randall cunningham. Amazing that young is even bigger. This guy is 6'5 and may end up carrying around 235-240 lbs! His #10 will look great in titan blue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar