Your thoughts on Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I would say so, I mean 15 years is one heck of a shot at a SB, he hasnt made it, and from the looks of it, hes not making it this year. I dont like the way this team is managed, i didnt like the way they were set up last season but they were winning, and this year, the games are exactly the same as last year except this year, all those balls that were bouncing off the defenders chest are INT this year, all thos FG's bironas was making are misses, all the fumbles are recovered by the other team and instead of 3-0 we are now 0-3. nothing has really changed except the lucky breaks. We are without a franchise QB. we have 1 solid RB who is great but he relys 100% on speed and unfortunatley he only has 3 years left to make an impact. Lendale and bullock are gone after this season with noone waiting in the wings. Our defensive line is old, and the people that are there who are young are still vastly unproven. Its not like we have a haynesworth waiting to come in, most of them are long term projects.

With all that being said, Fisher has done this. He will leave after this year and the new management is going to have a mess to deal with and he is going to look at our trusty GM and put his hand out and Reinfeld is going to say "I dont got any money" "dont ask me" you need a receiver, the jags just released torry holt.

This is also the reason why we wont get a big name guy like shanahan, he knows whats up, he dont want none of this

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I may be wrong and really don't feel like searching for the info but I think Fisher's contract is up after next season. Unless we win a Super Bowl, I wouldn't expect to see his contract renewed again. That is nothing based on this season. I would have said the samething right after last season.

As far as this season goes I do think there are some coaching issues. Fisher or the coordinator's? I'm not too sure on that one

3. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

I too have always defended Fisher as well. That being said I am extremely tired of "Fisher talk." After tough losses I would like to hear something other than the same crap. " We have a good team," "We will correct our mistakes and look forward to this week," blah..blah..blah. I would like to hear honest answers like "we are pissed," "I am looking at all positions to see if I need to make a change." Anything at all.......geeeez, give me some emotion for pete sake. As for the play calling, I think it is time to look at something new. Was it me or was I the only one who called 90% of the plays in the fourth quarter. If I knew what was coming...don't you think that people who get paid a lot of money knew what was coming. I love our team, but would like to see some changes.

4. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

Anyone who has been watching Fisher over the years knows that the 0-3 start isn't as much of a concern as what is to come. Just watch that recent post on the Titan's site and you can tell he is seriously concerned right now.

He doesn't have answers to the problems identified (special teams) and he is defending situations that shouldn't be defended (qb play and secondary mistakes). I think Jeff knows that he will be lucky to post 7-9 at this point.

Schedule (hard games before he can fix problems), some key injuries faced and a growing team mentality problem are going to make being 1-5 a very realistic position to be in.

5. amy

amy Starter

Time has passed him by, just as it has with numerous other coaches, the most recent Phil Fulmer. The play calling is predictable and most of the teams have now figured out what they need to do to beat him. How long is his present contract?

6. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

Till 2011...
    @ 5.5 :greedy: yr

7. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Omg he just blamed Kenny Britt again for not catching that dirt ball that Kerry threw him towards the end of the game. Fisher has truly lost his mind. I'm beginning to wonder if he and Kerry are in a spooning relationship. The bromance is killng me.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Can't he just be fired? Just asking?

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I couldn't have said it better myself.

10. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

I'll take Bill Cowher or Shannahan. Anyways Fisher needs to open the offense. To me Fisher's coaching is way to conservative. I love Fisher, but he needs to step it up and stop being conservative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar