Zach Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm really hoping we get really aggressive with the blitzes this season. I'm really sick of seeing the base 4-3 with next to no blitzing besides a Nickle blitz from finny once in a while that became easy to read from the tv..... Imagine the qbs like... Yeah... Staple play... Shut down that midget cb... Thanks!

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If I could have it my way we'd blitz 99% of the time, always having 5 or 6 guys locked in on the QB.

There's just something about cutting a QB's clock in half that intrigues me.

3. JCBRAVE

Anybody else been spot lighting Ryan Mouton? I have and I've gotta admit, I'm fairly impressed with him thus far. He's looking like he may actually be worth keeping. His cover skills have improved, he now knows how to tackle, he's not so bad right now. But it's also the No.2's and 3's he's playing, but still, definitely better than he was.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I still think Mouton gets cut by default. Hawkins played solid last year and I believe he has an INT this pre-season already. The 5th CB spot has to go to Sensabaugh.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Mouton has looked impressive and very physical tackling.
    He is our best backup NB.

I agree to a point with what you are saying about putting pressure on the QB. I think we should send 5 guys every time from various angles and positions. Even good pass rush teams don't have much success getting to the QB with only four guys. You have 5 OL and usually a RB or TE doing the pass blocking so you have 6 on 4. Teams can also chip off the ends while guys are going out for passes. Obviously if you can get 4 studs to torment the QB that would be ideal but it is hard to find four of those guys who can do it consistently.

I do think last year the team didn't have enough time in the off season to install some thngs and we played some rookies. What the team did a decent job of was not giving up many long gain plays. So while we gave up some rush we did OK not getting beat. If we do send more guys we will have fewer guys in coverage so those in coverage better know and do their job. I honestly do think we will see a wide variety of blitz packages and better pressure on the QB this year.

6. JCBRAVE

I think we can afford to have guys on islands with WR's. All of our DB's seem to be good in man coverage. Campbell I'm not sure of yet, but he's huge and runs like the wind, he should excel in man if he doesn't get torn to shreds with double moves.

I really hope to see a lot of blitzes tonight.

7. Clark

Any way we keep all 6 CBs?

3 qbs - 2? Bye bye the rifle?
    3 rbs
    6 wrs - no way we cut Mariani.
    8 OL? Think we normally roll with 10 no?

6 cbs
    4 S - doubt we would go with 3 unless we plan on using a corner for a safety from time to time.
    7 lbs - the starting 3 plus brown and the 2 special teamers.
    8 DL

That's 55

53 man roster gonna be tough.

8. Clark

I didn't even remember TEs...

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

That's only 45, plus 3 TEs makes 48, add two more ol makes 50 and three more players and there is 53

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. Clark

Ah good catch bro. Not even sure how I screwed that up! Haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar