Rumor Zach Mettenberger Bar Fight?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Jul 20, 2014.

1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Has anyone else been hearing this rumor? Apparently Mettenberger got in a bar fight with someone yelling "roll tide" at him. He ended up punching a light pole and breaking his hand. Taylor Lewan was also involved apparently.

Of course it's just a rumor and may not end up being true but with both Mett's and Lewan's past this seems like a real possibility. First tweet is from apparently a bartender that works at the location where it happened.

Weldon Hall
    @wellonion

So Zach mettenberger got into a fight last night over someone yelling roll tide at him and lost. Broke his hand on a light pole as well

Miner1975
    @Miner1975

@ClayTravisBGID Mettenberger got into a fight last night, nashville bar, broke his hand on a pole. Lewan was there as well, he got involved

Amy Sharp
    ‏@scottae07

@SwaggerVol There's a nasty rumor on VQ that Mettenberger broke his hand in a bar fight. Hope to God it's not true https://tennessee.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2251&tid=202518597&mid=202518597&sid=879&style=2 …
  2. 520

520 Starter

This is why you never draft a berger

DAMMM YOOOUU TITAAAANS
  3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Possible the 2nd and 3rd tweet are just chinese whispers from the first. But wouldn't surprise me.
  4. The Playmaker

2nd guy looks like he just copied the first tweet but didn't look into him. Third tweet is a link to the Tennessee Vols forum but you have to be a paid member, that's where the rumor may have started or was picked up on. Benjamin Albright also chimed in, he's a somewhat credible guy. Does some NFL writing for major sites.
  5. 520

520 Starter

If true I would cut him
  6. The Playmaker

If true, we'll get a lot more details. A drunk bama fan probably got in his face and Mettenberger (with a few drinks of his own) took him on outside. I hope the broken hand part isn't true, maybe he just injured it and the bartender assumed broken hand. I wouldn't cut him but he would be one strike away from being cut.
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. 520

520 Starter

I would cut him more because If that gets to him he is never making it in the NFL. Every linebacker knows how to get in his head now
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

If I were Chance Warmack I would not let him hear the end of this one.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  10. 520

520 Starter

Plus I just don't like him:)