2022 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carp, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I would be thrilled with this scenario. Everyone has McBride going early 2nd, but he's def worth drafting late 1st IMO. Would be a perfect addition to our offense and is def a complete TE like you said.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I was pretty much against going O-line in the 1st, just because we've spent so many high picks recently on O-line and it's definitely not sexy. I read this piece by John Glennon and he made me feel much better about going O-line, if that's what J-Rob decides to do: Why the Titans Go O-Line in the First Round. It's a good read if you have time.

I knew the line was bad last year, but I didn't realize we were like 27th in pass blocking. Then, he points out how that correlates to how well Tannehill plays.

Thoughts on this?

3. Carp

Carp Starter

As long as it is Zion, Penning, Neal, Cross, Green, or Ekwonu, I don't mind taking an OL first round. No one else is 1st round worthy (aside from Linderbaum, but he is a Center)

4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I'm starting to really like Ridder.

Seems like he can be everything we thought Mariota would be --- and with a better arm and 40 time..

If the route we choose to go is QB, then the ideal way we get him, is trading back to the front side of round 2.

I mean, I won't be overly upset if we take him in the 1st, but seems silly to take him there when you can have him at like 35 or so, and collect another draft pick.

5. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Only problem with that plan is you lose the 5th year option.

What pick would you give up to have a 5th year option on AJB right now?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Broken Arrow

None right now - because i'm certain a deal will get done ;) lol

7. Broken Arrow

Just blows me away how many idiots there are with media ties...... OL I wouldnt be thrilled with but would understand....

However, anyone saying we're taking a LB of any capacity obviously has no idea what our roster situation is... that would be the one position (and perhaps CB) that would piss me off.

Our last 4-5 first round picks we haven't went down that road though, so silver lining...

2017 - Needed WR, CB. DAVIS, JACKSON
    2018 - Needed MLB. EVANS
    2019 - Needed DT/LE. SIMMONS
    2020 - Needed T. ISIAH WILSON
    2021 - Needed CB. CALEB FARLEY

8. Carp

Carp Starter

Disagree. LB is definitely a need. Maybe not as high of a need as OL or TE, but it's definitely a need.

That being said Devin Lloyd is the only off ball LB that is worthy of a 1st round pick.

#258 Carp, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  9. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

We have Long, Cunningham, Rice, and Cole as middle linebackers. If we draft one, it should be really late if at all.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

We generally have 2 off ball LBs on any play. Cunningham and long are solid, though not spectacular starters, and each come with a decent amount of risk. Cunningham has had performance/character issues in the past. Long has only started for roughly half a season. Rice was a rookie and looks more like depth than starting material.

I can see an argument that we don't need an immediate starter there, but our depth is ****. We absolutely need another off ball LB, whether that's a vet on a short deal, or a draft pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar