Bye Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He has smiled alot after mistakes but found this pic
    hello2.png

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

First try? This is his 3rd year in the playoffs!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Like it has been pointed out, we aren't getting rid of him in the near future so fingers crossed the issues with him, the OL, WR, TE and OC get addressed

the D I hope stays in tact...would suck to lose Schwartz especially to the Colts

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Maybe I’m not understanding. Why compare to all the QBs?

We want our QB to be like the ones that don’t make that kind of mistake in the game or if they do d do not be the reason we LOST. The ONE thing RT could not do on the last drive was turn the ball over. But he did it. And he should be especially careful since he already threw two dumb picks before.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

It’s too painful to go back and watch, I think at that point my tv was off lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Point was that you don't dump QBs when they go to the playoffs 3 years in a row. Even if they're losses. Even the best of the best have been bumped out of the playoffs 3 years in a row. That's my whole point. 3 playoff losses isn't the end of the world. It happens to even to the best.

Not comparing or even saying Tannehill is in the same tier as any of the top QBs. But he's by far the best QB the Titans have ever had and has consistently helped get the Titans to the playoffs since being here.

No, he hasn't gotten it done in the playoffs. That sucks but the first step towards a Super Bowl is getting to the playoffs in the first place. And outside of Tom Brady in the current era, how many QBs/teams consistently win playoff games and go to the Superbowl?

The NFL playoffs are a gauntlet of games that even the best don't make it through consistently... (Not named Brady)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'm "comparing" QBs for the fact that even the best have been in the same position as Tannehill/the Titans.

It's not as easy as "get an elite QB win Super Bowl" because even elite QBs are sitting at home watching year after year.

Yes, Tannehill played poorly and made some bad decisions. It happens every year with every QB. That's my only point. Just so happens Tannehill put the spotlight on himself by having those lousy games in playoff losses and has no Superbowls to fall back on.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  8. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

With Tanny what is the end game? Get into the playoffs every year and hope he doesn't cost us a game? Hope that our defense plays at an elite level in those playoff games so the game isn't squarely of RT shoulders? At some point there will be a spot in a game we're its in Tannys hands, versus the Bengals one of those moments came up and he buckled. The Ravens playoff game we didn't have that elite D or super Henry, another moment for Tanny to show up and he failed. How long do the Titans play the game of will he won't he with Tanny? Till he's washed completely?

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Tannehill is not better than Mc9. But even if he was the Titans don’t have a long list of great QB’s. So “best QB we’ve ever had” (although not true) is pointless if it isn’t good enough.

The goal is to win a super bowl, not outperform Kerry Collins.

10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

That's football. That's every team, every year. So yes, like every other team, you try to get to the playoffs and hope for the best whether Tannehill or Tom Brady is at QB.

Or you can keep switching QBs every year and hope they even get to the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar