I sure hope Derrick Henry is a beast this year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Sep 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I don't see Henry just falling flat on his face any time soon. He's such a freak athlete. Even at half the RB he is now, he'd be a great #2. I hope the Titans recognize what he's given to the team and keep him around for how ever long it makes sense.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'm not sure if he's any good or not...but the 2 catches I remember him making he just laid out on the ground for no reason short of the first. Lol

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

yup, this "running back shelf life" has been based off of running backs who are a little bit taller than dree brees, and weigh about Marcus Mariota weight (220)

plus I haven't read anywhere where derrick refuses to eat meat, and replaces it with instead dried asparagus bacon... (shot at Derrick Morgan --- whom took the vegan path, and was ALWAYSSSS injured)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Think Henry will have a similar career to AP. Abnormal human that has the desire! He embodies that imo. Wants to be the best. Rare to have the ability and desire- he does. The foot concerned me greatly, as I have had work done on mine- not great return by any means, but he is looking better, although a bit off, but his level is so high to begin with.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I think that foot is just something odd that happened....

What would be worry some would be a knee/thigh injury -- but a random bone in the foot? Odds are low it could be re-aggravated.

If we were talking muscle, I could see it... but a tarsal?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yeah, that metatarsal broke for a reason. I X-ray ankles all the time, and the base of the fifth must be imaged for a reason. Common fracture and ligament attachment. I have personally witnessed hundreds of similar repairs over my years, never have I seen a plate added. @Riverman suggested a faster return for last season, and I agree. Obviously using different foot support in his footwear now.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Almost our whole defense was vegan including Casey at one point if I remember correctly.

*Edit* 15 titans I guess? including Casey

One Female Chef Helps 15 NFL Players Adopt a Vegan Diet

#117 Titanic_Sub, Oct 13, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Screenshot_20221013-025027.png

AP only really had one good season after 28. Kept going forever but was never that impressive

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Frank Gore had good longevity for a RB also.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Another good comparison.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar