** Off-Season Plan Thread **

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Locker should be the back up qb and maybe start the season. I wish we could have seen tyler wilson play at the end I think he has the talent to be a good back up. We have to draft a guy if johnny football or carr are there in the first or we wait a round or two and take murray. Need to cut wimbley stewart CJ Griffin stevens Fitz and I think shonn greene. Need to work on a deal for verner (while holding the restricted tag over his head) give casey a new deal. And most of all and entire new coaching staff and new direction for TITANS FOOTBALL

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

1/15/2014 Off-Season Plan

Cut: Wimbley, Stewart, Stevens, Fouku, Hill, & Fitzpatrick

Trade: Chris Johnson (to STL, MIA, NYJ, or OAK for a 4th Rounder)

Free Agents:
    NT: Terrence Cody (backup plan: Cam Thomas)
    ILB: Donald Butler (backup plan: Brandon Spikes)
    OT: Eric Winston (backup plan: Zach Streif)
    TE: Michael Hoomanawanui (backup plan: Jeff Cumberland)
    RB: Joique Bell (backup plan: James Starks)

Re-Sign:
    Alterraun Verner
    Ropati Pitoitua
    Bernard Pollard
    Marc Mariani
    Chris Spencer

Draft:
    1st: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    2nd: ***UNDECIDED QUARTERBACK***
    4th: Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
    4th: Marion Grice, RB, Arizona St
    5th: Justin Ellis, NT, LA Tech
    6th: Austin Wentworth, OT, Fresno St
    7th: John Urschel, OG,

Depth Chart:
    TE: Walker, Hoomanawanui, Thompson
    LT: Roos, Wentworth
    LG: LeVitre, Urschel
    C: Schwenke, Spencer
    RG: Warmack, Spencer
    RT: Winston, Moses
    FB: Mooney
    WR: Wright, Hunter, Washington, Preston, Mariani
    QB: Locker, 2nd Rounder, Wilson
    RB: Greene, Bell, Grice

RE: Casey, Klug
    NT: Cody, Ellis
    LE: Pito, Martin
    ROLB: Mack, Morgan
    MLB: Butler, Brown, McCarthy
    LOLB: Ayers, Gooden
    CB: McCourty, Verner, Sensabaugh, Wreh-Wilson, ???
    SS: Pollard, Wilson
    FS: Griffin, ???

That defense is nasty. So many different possibility. Butler & Cody won't cost alot of money, due to the positions not being super glamorous and neither are elite. Winston is a 1yr contract, fill gap, for 4th round OT Moses to get his NFL legs wet. Locker & 2nd Round QB battle for the starting job, with Tyler Wilson also getting a shot. Hooanawanui is an elite blocking TE (via PFF), and will cost half of what we paid Stevens. Greene, Bell, Grice will pack a nice 1-2-3 punch similiar to what SD did this year w/ Matthews, Brown, and Woodhead. Mack is a great pass rusher, has size, speed, and the NFL make up. He could be out elite pass rusher, pair him up with Casey and we have something. Hopefully those two will be a force, which could help Ayers with getting some pressure as well. We could easily have a Top-10 defense. If we hit on QB, or Locker stays healthy, this team is easily a playoff team.

3. 615nick

615nick Starter

Cap room- 7.2 mil.
    Must cut players- Stewart, Stevens (june 1), Fitzgarbage, Greene (june 1), P. Bailey, Q. Johnson
    Save- 15 mil. New cap room- 22.2mil
    To consider cuts- Washington, Wimbley, T. Campbell
    - would be better to restructure Wash and Wimbley (because he is a good 3-4 backer)
    Save if 3 cut- 13.3mil New cap room- 35.5mil
    - restructures: wahington- 3yr. 8m
    wimbley- 3yr. 15m w/ in. (most likely won't happen, would get cut)
    Bironas- 3yr. 6.5m
    Draft:
    TRADE with the browns for the 4th pick in the draft to get a qb. Looking at trades that have happened recently we would have to give up a lot. But qb is the most important position on the field and our biggest need. We would give up four picks for this ( !st and 4th this year and 2nd and 4th next year).
    !st round- manziel, bridgewater or bortels
    2nd- Antonio Richardson, OT
    5th- Justin Ellis, NT
    6th- Storm Johnson, HB or De'Anthony Thomas, HB
    7th- bpa, Find that last pick gem

Re-sign:
    Pollard- 2yr. 6m (let him test the market, try to get ward)
    Otto- not a good player but knows the team and will be cheap
    R. Turner- a good backup that won't cost much
    R. Pitoitua- 3yr. 12m (We need this guy and he'll get this $)
    Verner- tag him and see how blidi and cody turn out before we offer this guy a huge deal
    D Will- only if he'll sign a 2 or 3yr deal for no more than 1.5 a yr

Free Agents:
    wr- Jacoby, G. tate, T. ginn, J. maclin.....Of course only sign one of these guys, but all would help in the return game as well as wr depth
    te- inexpensive blocking te like Hoomanawanui, maybe we look at other cheap guys here
    oline- don't need any starters or even guys that can compete here, sign a couple cheaper good players that can play multiple positions
    De- tyson jackson or michael bennett, would both be good additions to this new multifront d
    dt- cody, I like this guy just think he needs to be in a different place. Wouldn't be to expensive and could contribute right away
    olb- s. phillips, orakpo or larry english. orakpo would cost more money, phillips would be a vet that would contibute day one and english would be a good rotation guy
    mlb- butler, dansby, spikes or smith. In that order we need to pay big if need be for this position, all four would be instant starters
    cb- sign an undrafted rook or a very inexpensive vet. only need a guy here to compete against the young guys
    s- ward is a guy I would pay a nice dollar amount for would also consider paying big for byrd

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

I thought this thread was about my plans for the offseason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Did I just read Turner is a good player 615nick? He was awful all year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. 615nick

615nick Starter

No he didn't play good this year but neither did our entire oline. Maybe it wasn't all his fault and he could be had cheap with no guaranteed money. He's versatile and could be cut for free.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Rob Turnee is simply just too small to play in this league. Hes absolutley not coming back

8. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I see no reason to cut Fitz. It makes no sense. We won't get anyone better to be a back up. And we can sAve money in other areas.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

In my plan I have us cutting Fitz as well. My reasons for doing it is certainly to save money, but also I don't think he fit well behind Locker. I mean we had to change the whole offense to fit Fitzpatrick after Locker went down. Your backup should be able to run the same style offense. At this juncture we are still in limbo about our future franchise QB. If Locker is not the man then I'm fine having Curtis Painter as our backup so that we can get a high draft pick to grab our franchise QB.

My plan is to cut Stewart, Wimbley post june 1st, and Fitzpatrick. Then extend Roos and Washington. Making those moves leaves us with 28.5mil in cap space. With that we look to keep Pollard, Verner, and Ropati. We sign the best MLBer that we can in FA and check the RT market.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

I agree with your qb plan. We need a backup that can run lockers style o if we are going to keep him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar