Right here. Right now: Do you buy 2016 season tix?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2015.

?
  1. Yes.

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No.

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jevoncurse

Jevoncurse Starter

C
    can we reserve them til 2017-2018 if so hell ya

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

(Skip to bottom for abridged version)

Also tack on the PSL fees they charge you for the "right" to buy these precious tickets... They just give people too many reasons not to buy.

Tickets vary wildly. If you get nosebleeds, I'm guessing 40 per ticket or so. Maybe a little bit cheaper. It goes up from there. Lower levels are in the (free to 3,000 dollar range per ticket, thx @Alex1939) (NOT 100-200 dollar range), and club seats are too hard to even predict.

Tack on those two preseason games every year, and the meaningless PSL fee that many other franchises don't have, and you have thrown away a ton of money.

My dad has colts season tickets (and actually makes money on resale most of the time) and he's out nearly 800 dollars per year on those preseason tickets alone. (4 seats) that's over a month of mortgage payment that you simply fork over to these billionaires. They don't need my piddly money.

I don't care if I become a millionaire, the miser in me will NEVER throw my money into things as ludicrous as PSL fees or preseason tickets at full price, and it is nearly impossible to give them away.

But that's just me.

If we do the math.. Say you have 100 dollar tickets. And 2 seats. 8 home games plus 2 preseason games.. 10x200=2.000 dollars. Add on the PSL fee for the first season (it varies, too).. You've got your answer.

Tack on your gas money and 20 buck parking. Easily 3,000 bucks out of pocket, plus all your travel time spent, concessions, etc.

that's including the 2 games you don't want to see in the preseason, and usually the inevitable 2 games at the end that you don't want to be at once the Titans are already eliminated from playoff contention.

They have resorted to selling partial season tickets. That may be an option, you may get out of paying the PSL fee.. Or you can just save money and buy tickets on stubhub, scalped, or from another generous Titans fan.

The whole "lying about donating the tickets, to sell them to opposing fans" thing the Titans did, absolutely burned that bridge for me. I couldn't handle that. Even if the Titans improve on the field.

But overall, what my dad or anyone else decides to do with their money is totally their call. That's just my opinion.

If this is TL;DR material, the short answer is: "way more than it's worth, by any standard."

#32 nickmsmith, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Why buy season tix when you can get game day tix on the extreme cheap? That's my rationale. It's gonna take a lot to pack Nissan Stadium like the Titans used to at Adelphia.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. nickmsmith

Jeff, Titanium,GoT, Laserjock and a few others are the originals. They've been at it since the beginning of the franchise. They are the lifeblood of the forum, and people like them are a big reason the Titans still exist in Nashville. I have to respect that, 100 percent.

But At current rate, there is no reason for a person to jump into season tickets in 2016.

It would be an incredible sight to see that stadium rocking like it was in the early 2000s. I'm not sure if it will ever happen again. If someone just became a Titan fan post 2003.. They missed out on something special. Approximately 2005 it started dying off, and never really recovered (along with the team)

#34 nickmsmith, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Exactly..

My criteria would be in this order:

1) Ownership address the media and fans publicly, hold themselves accountable for the state of this organization so that we all know they understand it starts with them at this point

OR

Sell the team

2) Sort out the top of the FO

3) Fire Webster

All three of these goals should be met. Its not too much to ask that we know who in the hell is running the show.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

No offense but other than buying a jersey and putting up with this team as you down a pint at your local drinking hole you don't really have much in the game do you?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Funny that you ***** about titans lying later in this novel but you are lying right here.

I have 40 yard line tickets lower level, under 100 a ticket.

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I live in Georgia so my opinion isn't weighted very highly here, but I had reservations buying a Titans New Era hat for $30 a few years ago.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. nickmsmith

I was estimating. My dad has colts very bottom of upper deck, and they're just short of 100 a piece. That's not a lie, that's a wrong estimate. Out of that whole diatribe, that's what you have a gripe with? Funny.

Im just going off of what I have seen when buying tickets in various spots in the stadium over the years. Call the news station! Caught me in a lie! Lol.

If you have a legit rebuttal to anything I said, come on back, Allie. ;)

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well that is good enough...

and buying a jersey would be somewhat of a commitment what with shipping and all - LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar