Titans trade Green-Beckham to Eagles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Everyone keeps saying we traded him for a backup, but DGB this season was on track to be a backup for us. Sucks though I was hopeful he would get it together. :-(

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. CaseyTrain

CaseyTrain Starter

DGB is a backup, at least he would be on our team, which is saying a lot. Aren't we all tired of "projects"? I know I am. This move follows the Draft, getting no-nonsense guys with good character/morale. I don't know much about Kelly, but I know DGB doesn't fit the mold we are trying to create here.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Atleast we traded him while he has some sort of value.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Makes no sense, terrible trade. There has to be more to it, draft pick involved?
    Philly could lose Lane Johnson for 10 games, so this guy has no value in a backup role?

5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Nope

Matthews, Sharpe, Wright, Johnson, Douglas. That's the 5 they'll keep. I'd say even McBride has a better shot than Hunter.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

I would have liked more in return, but this was a statement move. If you don't act like a professional and come ready to work then there's no place for you on the team. We all loved DGB's potential but he never cared enough like he should and was not a good guy for the locker room.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Lol we got nothing for that "some value"..a rotational G/T, terrible trade

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. donny bee

donny bee Special Teams Standout

Being a MIZ guy I was a fan of DGB potential but even in college he was making the same mistakes. He'd make plays occasionally because of his athletic ability. But he was limited back then.

Seemed like he was on Mularkey's radar for mistakes. The signing of Johnson probably put him and Hunter on notice as well.

The O-Lineman we got seems like a big young guy. Can't have too many capable lineman.

I'm OK with this. Rishard and Tajae had outplayed him anyways.

Plus you got Harry, AJ, Wright, and McBride. Someone had to go and DGB was probably the only one you may get something for cuz of his youth

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

yeah but what did we get? back up guard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar