WR Will Eventually Be A Concern

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Going through the roster i did notice this team after this season could look drastically different at the WR spot.Don't get me wrong i really like Kendall Wright and i think he will be solid for many seasons to come but i do think we need a game changer and good weapon at this position.

Nate Washington our number one the last few seasons is clearly on his way out.Kenny Britt is one injury or off the field incident away from being gone too.Also doubt the team will bring him back once he hits free agency after this season.Damian Williams is really hard to tell if he will be productive or not and what his future here might be.Last but not least Lavelle Hawkins is one player who clearly would not still be in the league if he was on any other team roster.

I think in the 2013 draft we just might see a WR taken.If and its a big if we take a WR in the first round i hope they choose Tavon Austin over Cordarelle Patterson maybe its just me but Tavon is way more impressive with less question marks.Playing just one season,still raw and learning routes i think Patterson would not be a wise choice.

Its clear that it will become one of the spots we look at during free agency again next season along with the draft.

We've had several receivers come in recently but couldn't quite get anyone to sign but it does show the GM is definitely looking at that spot closely.

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Wide receiver has been a concern for the last 15 years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Strangely, our best years have come with no big time WRs..

1999: Dyson, Thigpen, Wycheck
    2008: Gage, Jones, McCareins, Scaife

Maybe big time WRs are overrated.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Those were also two of the best defensive years we had. That explains that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

IF we are to take a WR in the 1st it better be Patterson. That said though, I will be shocked if we take a WR in the 1st round back to back drafts. I really don't see that happening but you never know.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't want Patterson or Austin in the 1st round. Please no WR in round 1 this year.

But I do think next off-season, WR could very well be the biggest need on this team. Wright will likely be the only WR on the roster years from now that's worth a damn.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'd take Hopkins in the 2nd or Dobson in the 3rd/ 4th before I grabbed anyone in the first. The WR class is deep in FA next season so we should be able to grab a guy with number 1 potential in the FA/ early rounds of the draft next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar